Friday, August 14, 2009

"out-fo"


i seldom do this, hang out with friends. i feel very passive when it comes to hanging out. but almost everytime i hang out, i enjoy it and learn a lot from my friends. i was recently introduced a new word, i dont think it exists in the dictionary, it's called "Out-Fo". heard it from wansim. according to her, it is from the words "out of focus". you can use it when your picture is actually out of focus. or you can use it when your brain goes blank. i also think it can be used on a wider scale, like, my current living situation.

this picture was taken by wansim. wansim, i think this post should be dedicated to you- without the pic and new word, they'll be no new post. haha... wansim wants to sell art on the streets of venice. i think its so romantic. and courageous to even say it out loud. i wish i had the guts to say "i want to be a war photographer" a few years back when i really wanted to become one. well, dreams change- a bit too easily in my case. she also gave me this brilliant book by paul arden called "its not how good you are, its how good you want to be". back of the book, it says "... a bible to the talented and timid.." thanks wansim, i take that as a compliment. haha... its such a bold book, i instantly feel braver after reading the book, which i finished in one go. ok, back to the picture, this is a portrait. of me. searching through the city and entering/escaping (?) into the wild, me and a camera. my head down, looking carefully each and every step i take, so fearful to fall down. i feel out-foed, yet on my shirt there's a smiley face.

6 comments:

Wansim said...

omg..kak i shed tears. hahahahahahaha!!
Juuuusttt Kiiiding!

Actually came here to see if you post the fly video, so miss him. HAHAHAHA!
Owh, and wanna tell you I couldn't find that website for the 21 no matter what I have typed in google. I will ask Steven about it.

And, thank you too, for liking that book. HAHA! :) Yes, that's compliment k, you have talent!!! do it do it!
Because..you make me see things differently. I didn't see the smiley face on your T-shirt, but with your interpretation, I saw something different :)

yipi said...

hahaha! well, it was called.. out foc... with the c... lolz, boss. you need to reconnect with more friends.

jen poh said...

wansim, the fly is with yipi at kl oh.. yipi! when can see the fly? and, yalo, the 21, i tried to find it too.. you sure its 21? not 31? or 12? hahaha...

was feeling a bit emo that day and wanted to express myself.. hahaha.. well, all the best to our dreams! :D


yipi, i think, by the pronunciation, its "out fo" lo.. wansim, how to spell it oh? haha...
thanks for the advice yipi, i think i will need to restart, maybe reformat. hahaha.. jk...

Wansim said...

omg..can we not so follow rule or not.. HAHAHAHAHA.. just a word that doesn't exist in dictionary.
uhm.. out-foc out-fo out-foH also can gua.. HAHAHAHAHAH
or out-four?
ok not funny..
YERRRR!!! Yipi tells lie, he said that he will pass you that fly video.. :( i got depression now.. hahahahaha..makes me think of spongebob.

ok. back to books :S :S :S

jen poh said...

wansim, good news.. yipi already sending the fly video. no need to sing the spongebob depression song liao. hahaha...

Wansim said...

I'm ready! promotion! I'm ready! fly-video!~
wohohohoho!!!
:D